They say there’s always room for dessert, but some people…
Egg Salad Sandwich with Avocado and Watercress
Eggs are a very good source of inexpensive, high quality protein inclusive, as well as vitamin B2, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper. Avocado has abundant nutrients like Vitamin C, B5 and etc, together with watercress, it is a very healthy sandwich to indulge in without feeling guilty!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, plus extra, if you like, for spreading
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 bunch watercress, stems trimmed
- Cook the eggs 10 minutes in a saucepan of simmering water to cover.
- Drain, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Roughly mash the eggs in a bowl with the mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 4 slices of toast with mayonnaise, if you like.
- Arrange about 1/4 of the avocado slices on each.
- Spread each with 1/4 of the egg salad and arrange watercress sprigs on top.
- Top each sandwich with another slice of toast and serve.